The second time I went to Forza in Greenlake, I spied a black lab nestled under his person’s table and thought to ask the barista if dogs were welcome. It hadn’t really occurred to me, since so many coffee shops don’t allow dogs. But not Forza! So, I promptly untied my dogs from outside and brought them in to accompany me as I enjoyed my Americano.
Since that fateful day, I have been a big fan of Forza. A prime location in the heart of Greenlake makes Forza an ideal spot for a cup of coffee before or after a loop around the lake. Plus, the dogs seem to be particularly well behaved here; perhaps they’re tuckered out from the fresh air and exercise!
Forza has all the expected offerings of a coffee shop, with espresso, pastries, snacks, spacious seating, accessible power outlets, and free wireless internet. A few bonuses: a spacious patio, and a flat screen TV.
Forza is much more than a coffee shop, too. For one thing, their food is delicious! I highly recommend the Asparagus Breakfast Frittata, affordably priced at $3.50. Also, if their Chicken Curry Soup is on special, it should not be missed.
Best of all, Forza doubles as a neighborhood lounge in the evenings, offering eight rotating beers on draft and a good selection of reasonably priced wine by the glass or bottle. For a low-key evening with the dogs, check out Trivia on Tuesday nights at 7pm, or Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 7pm-10pm.
Forza Coffee Company
6900 E. Greenlake Way N., Seattle
Official Dog Policy: Well behaved and leashed dogs are welcome any time.
- Great food and drinks, and treats for the dogs too!
- Quintessential Seattle living with a little bit of everything – Music, TV, Trivia, Coffee, Beer, Wine
- Perfect spot for working remotely with your dog
- Closes early on the weekends – the doggone fun ends at 11pm
- Forza Coffee Company is a franchise, so if you are frequenting one of their other locations, call ahead to find out if they are as pawesome as the Greenlake location
Dog Gone Rating: